Daily Maxwell July16
THE POWER OF A DREAM
I believe that each of us has a dream placed in the heart. I’m not talking about wanting to win the lottery. That kind of idea comes from a desire to escape our present circumstances, not to pursue a heartfelt dream. I’m talking about a vision deep inside that speaks to the very soul. It’s the thing we were born to do. It draws on our talents and gifts. It appeals to our highest ideals. It sparks our feelings of destiny. It is inseparably linked to our purpose in life. The dream starts us on the success journey.
A dream does many things for us:
•A dream gives us direction.
•A dream increases our potential.
• A dream helps us prioritize.
• A dream adds value to our work.
• A dream predicts our future.
Oliver Wendell Holmes noted, “The great thing in this world is not so much where we are but in what direction we are moving.” This is also one of the great things about having a dream. You can pursue your dream no matter where you are today. And what happened in the past isn’t as important as what lies ahead in the future. As the saying goes, “No matter what a person’s past may have been, his future is spotless.” You can begin pursuing your dream today!
—Your Road Map for Success
DARE TO DREAM AND ACT ON THAT DREAM.
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,
2 Corinthians 5:7
For we walk by faith, not by sight.
The fear of man lays a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe.
Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.
- The adventure of life is to learn.
- The purpose of life is to grow.
- The nature of life is to change.
- The challenge of life is to overcome.
- The essence of life is to care.
- The opportunity of life is to serve.
- The secret of life is to dare.
- The spice of life is to befriend.
- The beauty of life is to give