QIC: Free Candy
PAX: Candu, Care Bear, FNG-Freefall, Goose, Prosciutto, Ringwald, Sundance, Sunshine, Two By, VSquared, Whittler
AO: Hill City
Fall was in the air…or was that all of the farts during the thang?
I am not a professional, you are here of your own free will. Push yourself but do not hurt yourself. Please modify if necessary. If you do hurt yourself we will help you to your car.
Question: In light of recent events with the Atlanta AO, does anyone here have a CPR certification? [Whittler said yes]
- Jog to the great hall
- Side straddle hops x15 IC
- Lunges x15 IC
- High plank x15 IC
- Quick transition to low plank x15 IC
- Squats x20 IC
- Windmill x15 IC
- LBCs x30 OYO
- Lay on your back, arms and legs extended.
Pretend like someone is pulling your limbs apart to give yourself a stretch.
- Lay on your stomach, do the same thing
- Side straddle hops x15 IC
- Jog to the swamp
- I stand at top, everyone spreads out evenly on the stairs making sure to fill in the spots closest to the me first, lined up in 3 columns
- Indicate that when a single exercise is completed, during the rest period, one unlucky person at the top will come all the way to the top, run by me to the normal stairs, run all the way down to the swamp, and then run back up to the last position in their column of people while everyone else in that column shifts up one stair. I will start with one column and cycle through all of them and include myself during the long breaks
- Q the music on the bluetooth speaker (see what I did there?)
40 sec of exercise, 20 sec of break = 1 minute
2 sets of 10 exercises (planned for 3 but ran out of time!)
2 minutes in between sets
- Side Straddle Hop
- Side shuffle
- Tricep dips
- Power Knees (arms all the way up making a diamond with hands, bring them down to the knee that is raised, switch legs half way through timer)
- Incline plank jacks
- Side step lunge squat (criss cross leg behind the other sideways, keep back straight, squat, touch your front toe using the inside arm then switch legs)
- Around the Worlds (I came up with this name) inclined pushup position, but you bring your arm behind your back as you roll around to the other side)
- Undertakers (Shout out to Angus who accidentally/unintentionally named this one. Mountain climbers but in low plank and bring legs to the outside of arms)
- Bur’s (Because it’s ½ of a burpee, duh. I also came up with this name) aka the Power jump (wide stance, arms down for a sumo squat, jump while raising hands straight up to the sky)
I really encouraged you all to just be present and feel what you are feeling today because I don’t think we do enough of it. We hide our emotions, we show a few select default emotions that are impossible to see through. We feel what we think we should feel given the situation. For me, that’s the most challenging one. But what if we could be honest today? Do yourself a massive favor for today. Try to be present today. Ask yourself throughout your day what your real feelings are. Expand your vocabulary of words to describe them. Don’t just say “stressed” or “tired”. Stop coasting through your day in a mindless ‘nothing’ box and try to respond to what you feel.
I’m not perfect at this but I also can testify that it’s still a lot of work and that I wish I had started doing it earlier. One of the most important steps to my sexual addiction recovery has been the ability to A) get to the root of why I go to the actions and mindsets that I go to and B) having people to share it with and allow me a safe space to be vulnerable.
While running back to the Rhino, Candu requested I play ‘Sandstorm’ by Darude, then promptly lost his mind and his footing, causing him to fall harshly into the bushes when I played it .2 seconds later (No joke – I had it in my music playlist for the morning). Some say Candu is still laying there today. Nah, sike. That would go against the F3 candor of not leaving a man behind. So to remedy that, we decided to leave V2 with him. They say those two are still lurking in the bushes waiting for unsuspecting crossfitters to run by so they can shriek at them “KIP UP YOUR WAY INTO F3 YOU FOOLS!”
Training Day is on 10/13, show up!