QIC: Speed Bump
PAX: Cowbell, Free Weekly, Speed Bump, Venus, VSquared
Very wet, very soggy
I’m not a professional, modify as necessary
COP (extended warm up)
- Side shuttle hops IC
- Side squats IC
- Good mornings IC
- Wall Sits IC
- Imperial Walkers IC
- Finkle Swings, partner up and do 15 each leg
- Side shuttle hops IC
- Little baby arm circles IC (reverse and repeat)
- Plank IC
- Plank jacks IC
- Alabama Ass Kickers IC
- High Knees IC
- Side Straddle Hops IC
Lots of modification, as it was raining profusely (making the Q’s original workout plan virtually unusable).
Mosey down to the lower pavilion
- Complete 50 squats IC, lunges IC
- Begin a “dora” for the group since we have an odd number. Two different exercises:
- 300 collective LBCs, one group stays at the lower pavilion while the other group runs up to the higher pavilion and back.
- 300 collective pull ups. One group runs while the other group completes pull ups (either version). The pax were sufficiently gassed by this second dora, especially YHC who never does pull ups.
- 8 minute circuit with four exercises:
- 10 Monkey Humpers IC, 15 on the second go round
- 10 Merkins, 15 on the second go round
- 15 Big Boy Situps, 20 on the second go round
- 10 Michael Phelps, 15 on the second go round
- As the rain had sufficiently subsided, the PAX moseyed down to the very bottom of the walking trail near the dog park, stopped at intervals for Side Straddle Hops
- Interval sprints all the way up the hill to the bathroom building.
- Mosey back down to the lower pavilion for some simple Mary
- American Hammers IC
- Flutter Kicks IC
- Freddy Mercury IC
Read James 1: 2-3. “Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds,3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.”
I described the past season of life for me and the difficulty of counting suffering as joy. BUT, I love that in this passage in the Bible, the end is not perfection in body, mind, soul, or spirit, but a mature and complete faith.
We were grateful for Venus’ knowledge of Gym workouts, as we needed to assist one another on Pull Ups. Also, Free Weekly commented on the hilarity of doing Wall Sits IC, as F3 Asheville would never do something so foolish.
See weekly Preblast from Prosciutto