QIC: Co-Q (Whittler & Prosciutto)
PAX:Blindside, Burrito, Curd, Friar Tuck, Gusher, Holy Kiss, Laces Out (Respect), Newport, Prosciutto, Whittler
29 degrees and snow laying around still taunting us. More on the moon phase, later…
Warm up lap commenced
10 Imperial walkers, 1 8C BB
20 3rd grade exercises, 10 IW, 2 8CBB
30 arm circles, 20 TGE, 10 IW, 3 8CBB
It being December 12th, it made a little sense to just go with it; after each set, race around the bleachers and back to startex; Al Gore for six. Long Slow Squats were in cadence.
12 Days of Christmas
1 Worst Merkins Ever
2 Pull Ups
3 Donkey Kicks
4 Mountain Climbers
5 Long Slow Squats (even though Burrito insisted Deep Slow Squats)
6 Burpees (aka “Boys of Burpin'” – aye, Burrito)
7 Plank Jacks
8 Flutter Kicks
9 Carolina Dry Docks
11 Monkey Humpers
12 Shoulder Taps
Every December, my family and I read a chapter of Luke each night leading up to Christmas. Last night we were reading Luke chapter 9 and this jumped out to me. Luke 9: 57-62
57 They were all going along the road. Someone said to Jesus, “I will follow you any place you go.” 58 Jesus answered, “The foxes have holes to live in. The birds have nests to live in. But the Son of Man has no place to rest his head.”59 Jesus said to another man, “Follow me!” But the man said, “Lord, first let me go and bury my father.”60 But Jesus said to him, “Let the people who are dead bury their own dead! You must go and tell about the kingdom of God.”61 Another man said, “I will follow you, Lord, but first let me go and say good-bye to my family.”62 Jesus said, “Anyone who begins to plow a field but keeps looking back is of no use in the kingdom of God.”
Prosciutto Hot Take:
Too often, we tend to put other things, worldy things, in front of what’s most important. The Christmas holiday, and the commercialization thereof, is such an aversion and disruptor to what we ought to be doing instead; focusing and serving your creator FIRST and above ALL things.
- There’s just something about 10 and Smackdown… Guys randomly drop-out willy nilly but we always end up scratching a 10 each Tues/Thurs; except sometimes.
- Burrito has a great memory; kept us all on track by singing each of the exercises
- About Burrito’s singing voice, “You have the voice of an angel. I mean, it’s like Fergie meets Jesus.” – Dale Doback
- Whittler exiting stage right didn’t stop Burrito from telling Whittler Mom jokes; which was weird
- Burrito loves staring deeply into his neighbors eyes during side planks – his unsuspecting neighbor (this time) was Gusher.
- The moon was so bright this morning it looked like Burrito’s mom bent over showing her nekked backside
Clothing/Coat drive is ongoing through end of December
Signal Mountain Social Services Social this weekend at Nolan
The Point is having a Coffee House gathering this weekend